’Tis the season to remember those you love most, and for many of us that includes dogs and dog lovers. So this holiday shopping season, we’d like to offer a few tried-and-true, always-appreciated, sure-to-make-their-tails-wag gift suggestions.
Gifts for dogs
- A brand new, fluffy, warm, cozy pet bed. If your dog’s bed has seen better days, nights, and years, he’ll love to bed down on something newer and softer.
- Toys, toys, toys! Make a list of the dog’s favorite types of toys, and take a trip to your local pet supply store to replenish his toy chest.
- Raised pet bowls. This is especially appreciated by the senior dogs on your list—the ones who may have a harder time stooping floor-based bowls.
- Stockings stuffed with their favorite treats. Imagine how delighted your dog will be when you open his stocking to reveal his favorite crunchy, munchy PEDIGREE® treats.
- Warm winter wear. If there’s a dog on your list that shivers in the brisk winter weather, get her something fashionable and practical to wear, like a coat, sweater, and booties. Read this article before shopping for your dog’s winter attire.
- Doggie DVDs. These days, there are DVDs for everyone in your family—even your dog. Click here for a shortlist of some to consider.
Gifts for those who love your dog
Chances are, your dog brings smiles and happiness to people who aren’t in your immediate family. Which means they’ll be touched to receive a holiday gift that involves your pooch. Here are a couple of suggestions:
- Holiday cards that feature your dog. When shooting holiday photos for your personalized cards, don’t forget to include your dog in the shot!
- Dog-to-dog gifts. If you’re buying a gift for a friend’s dog this holiday season, make everyone smile by having it come from your dog. You can even send the gift with a photo card that features your dog.
Gifts for dog parents
Your dog-loving friends and family will love the thoughtfulness of giving them a gift that features their dog’s photo and/or name. These types of personalized gifts are used—and appreciated—every day. If you don’t already have a photo of their dog, snap one now. Then go online and order these types of “personalizable” gift items:
- Coffee mugs
- Food and water bowls
- Ceramic dog food containers
- Doggie bandanas
- Photo frames
Gifts for other people’s dogs
If you’re looking for some gift ideas for your friends’ dogs, take a look at the first list. Many of those same items would also make great gift for their pets. Everything from doggie toys to a new cozy bed is fair game. Just snoop around first to make sure it’s something your friends—and their dogs—really need and want.
Here’s to a happy, tail-wagging holiday for all!